Thursday, May 19, 2011

Lifetouch Senior Training



This week was a lot of fun at the studio. We were training for the upcoming senior season so we practiced on each other with different backgrounds and lighting techniques. It also gave me the opportunity to get some business portraits that I've really needed. The thing about photographing everyone else is that you rarely get portraits done of yourself. I added some actions to these portraits to give them a pop. I've mentioned how much I LOVE mcpactions.com and I use their actions in every photograph I edit. For example, all three of these images have the "eye doctor" and "the dentist" actions applied to them to really make the eyes stand out and whiten the teeth. I also used their magic skin action to soften the skin. That's all I really have to do to an image that is good on exposure and lighting. But that's where professional photographer's images have to have that "extra" something to give someone a reason to use their services rather than pick up an awesome point and shoot. Anyway, I'm very happy with the training I got and hope to take some awesome images worthy of winning competitions.

No comments:

Post a Comment